What to Do Before Selling Your Benton, AR Home
The real estate market is very hot right now, and if you list your home, it's probably going to sell. Before your listing goes live, don't leave money on the table. Homes are selling above their listing price, and wouldn't it be great if yours did, too?
Did you know that buyers typically decide whether or not they're seriously interested in purchasing a home in 10 seconds or less? First impressions are everything. Your listing needs to look perfect, or your potential buyer will scroll on to the next listing. Don't let that happen to you. Here are some tips to consider before putting your home on the market.
- Use a professional photographer -- They have the proper equipment and know the right angles to photograph your home to show off its maximum potential.
- Remove the clutter -- No one wants to see a junky closet filled with a random assortment of…stuff. Either get rid of it or box it up and put it in storage.
- Remove photos and personalized items -- Potential buyers want to imagine their own family in the home. It's also a good idea to remove anything with children's names on them as a safety precaution.
- Don't completely empty the home -- Sometimes it's hard to visualize how the furniture fits into homes with big, open floorplans. You could also look into having your home professionally staged.
- Make sure your home is sparkling clean -- Remember, potential buyers spend an average of 10 seconds or less on a listing, and if you've got dirty windows and stained carpet, all they'll see is a "project," so have your home professionally cleaned from top to bottom before putting it on the market.
Give the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Saline County and SERVPRO of Hot Springs a call when you're getting ready to sell your home. Save the number in your phone: 501-776-2222. Our cleaning services will make the home look good as new. We'll clean the windows and carpets; we do upholstery and drapes, too! Give us a call and we'll be happy to discuss your needs. We're always here to help.